– In embedded hardware development
iopsys software solutions AB is a subsidiary to Inteno Group AB, an international group of companies within the residential gateway business. We are now looking for an embedded engineer in our Hardware team. Maybe this is a job for you?
It is mainly development against the different hardware vendors different SDK’s. These SDK’s are individually modified to suit different needs.
The work is performed closely with other teams in the organization, such as product management, customer support and the systems development team, which leads to a good understanding and an overall impression of the full projects and products.
We believe you are a versatile and pragmatic professional with a genuine interest in technology. You are interested in continuously updating your knowledge and improving your skills. In the role as embedded engineer there will be great opportunities to utilize a multitude of skills, software design and implementation but also troubleshooting, debug and trace, requirement analysis and more.
- • Software development in Linux system
- • C for embedded application development
- • BASH for startup and hotplug scripts
- • Debugging your own and others’ code
- • Troubleshooting network and wireless problems
- • Technical Documentation (English)
- • Support architectural decisions
- • Internal and external customer support
- • MS or BS in Computer science / Electrical engineering or equivalent
- • Experience in working in Linux/Unix systems
- • Experience in C programming in embedded systems in limited HW environment (ARM/MIPS Processor)
- • Knowledge in version control GIT is a requirement
- • Accustomed to work both independently and in teams
- • Good interpersonal skills. Be able to collaborate with internal and external partners
- • Ability to learn from code and examples where poor documentation is the case
- • General network and wireless knowledge: WLAN, TCP/IP, Firewall
- • Very good English skills in speaking and writing
- • Know how to handle a logic analyzer and an oscilloscope
- • Knowledge in SIP and Multicast is an advantage
- • Knowledge about GCC, debuggers (e.g. Valgrind) is an advantage
If you have questions about this position, contact CTO Strhuan Blomquist. Use his name to write his address, which is created like this: email@example.com.
Are you interested in this challenging position within a rewarding work environment in a successful company? Send an email to with subject ‘Embedded Developer <YOUR NAME>’ and your CV attached.
Welcome with your application as soon as possible!
About iopsys software solutions AB
iopsys software solutions AB, with headquarter in Stockholm, provides iopsysWrt, the first truly open source gateway software suited for the operator market. It supports all features required by modern business critical gateway software. To improve the ease of field upgrades and service deployment, iopsysWrt operating system contains a packet engine which provides modular installation/removal of native programs and application bundles. The iopsysWrt SDK enables both the operator and third party developers to develop functions and applications that may be downloaded and installed in the OS.