– in Embedded Application Development
iopsys software solutions AB is a subsidiary to Inteno Group AB, an international group of companies within the residential gateway business. We are now looking for a software engineer who will take place in our Software Development – Userspace team. Will that be you?
You will develop and maintain applications providing APIs that will be used in controlling the functionality of the CPEs. The applications you develop will be used by our Cloud team and third party developers to build gadgets and remote apps on top of the APIs. You will also take part in development of the AngularJS based WebGUI, maintained by Userspace team.
The work is performed closely with other teams in the organization, such as product management, customer support and kernel development team, which leads to a good understanding and an overall impression of the full projects and products.
We believe you are a versatile and pragmatic professional with a genuine interest in technology. You are interested in continuously updating your knowledge and improving your skills. In the role as embedded software engineer there will be great opportunities to utilize a multitude of skills, primarily software design and implementation but also profiling and optimization, troubleshooting, debug and trace, requirement analysis and more.
- • Software development in Linux system
- • C/C++ for embedded application development
- • BASH for startup and hot-plug scripts
- • Debugging your own and others’ code
- • Troubleshooting network and wireless problems
- • Technical Documentation (English)
- • Support architectural decisions
- • Internal and external customer support
- • MS or BS in Computer science or equivalent
- • Experience in working in Linux/Unix systems
- • Experience in C programming in embedded systems in limited hardware environment (ARM/MIPS Processor)
- • General network and wireless knowledge: WLAN, TCP/IP, Firewall
- • Accustomed to work both independently and in teams
- • Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- • Ability to learn from code and examples where poor documentation is the case
- • Very good English skills in speaking and writing
- • Experience in C++ programming is a merit
- • Experience in Network Programming is an advantage
- • Knowledge in version control, preferably GIT is an advantage
- • Knowledge in SIP and Multicast is a merit
- • Knowledge about GCC, debuggers (e.g. Valgrind) is an advantage
If you have questions about this position, contact CTO Strhuan Blomquist. Use his name to write his address, which is created like this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an rewarding work environment in a successful company? Send an email to Strhuan Blomquist with subject ‘Embedded Software Developer ’ and your CV attached.
Welcome with your application as soon as possible!
About iopsys software solutions AB
iopsys software solutions AB, with headquarter in Stockholm, provides iopsysWrt, the first truly open source gateway software suited for the operator market. It supports all features required by modern business critical gateway software. To improve the ease of field upgrades and service deployment, iopsysWrt operating system contains a packet engine which provides modular installation/removal of native programs and application bundles. The iopsysWrt SDK enables both the operator and third party developers to develop functions and applications that may be downloaded and installed in the OS.