About the Company
IOPSYS develops iopsysWrt, an OpenWrt based enterprise software platform for Residential Gateways and WiFi Extenders. iopsysWrt provides its consumers a hardware independent, modular and secure system with a comprehensive application and service development framework enabling its consumers focus on building innovative services.
IOPSYS embraces open-source and contributes code to other open-source projects which enables IOPSYS developers get recognition for their work not only at IOPSYS but also in the wider community.
About the Role
As a WiFi Software Engineer at IOPSYS, you will take part in design, implementation and verification of next generation Wireless Technologies on iopsysWrt software platform. You will also help in creating WiFi solutions based on Wi-Fi Alliance standards with IOPSYS proprietary extensions.
The work is performed closely with other parts of the organization, such as product management and customer support which leads to a good understanding and an overall impression of the full projects and products.
We believe you are a versatile and pragmatic professional with a genuine interest in technology. You are interested in continuously updating your knowledge and improving your skills. In the role as embedded software engineer there will be great opportunities to utilize a multitude of skills, primarily software design and implementation but also profiling and optimization, troubleshooting, debug and trace, requirement analysis and more.
- Design WiFi solutions based on IEEE 802.11 standards and Wi-Fi Alliance specifications
- Software development in Linux system (OpenWrt)
- C/C++ for embedded application development
- BASH for startup and hot-plug scripts
- Python for Test Automation
- Debugging your own and others’ code
- Troubleshooting network and wireless problems
- Technical Documentation (English)
- Support architectural decisions
- Internal and external customer support
- MS or BS in Electronics, Wireless Communications or equivalent
- Expert level WiFi RF knowledge
- Experience in Wireless Site Survey
- Experience in design and development towards WiFi protocols and standards
- Experience in working in Linux/Unix systems (OpenWrt is a merit)
- Experience in C programming in embedded systems in limited hardware environment
- Experience in writing or modifying Linux Device Drivers is a merit
- Experience in Test Automation by Python is a merit
- Knowledge about GCC, debuggers (e.g. Valgrind) is an advantage
- Accustomed to work both independently and in teams
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Very good English skills in speaking and writing
Email your application to email@example.com